We’ve just announced a UK aircraft: A “SSDR”.
The plane that we produce weighs less than 101KG, and the wing area is 10.1 square meters. It comes with the following features:
* Carbon Fiber wing spars
* Aluminium internal ribs
* ChromAlloy steel fuselage — the operator is surrounded by super strong 4130 aircraft steel, helping protect significantly in the event of an accident
* Very basic instrumentation: Airspeed Indicator; Engine EGT/CHT; Engine kill switch
* 28HP engine with wood prop (pull start)
* 5″ Wheels with lightweight tyres
* Full windshield
* Enhanced wing span — 26′ 2″
We have a price (available for a limited amount period of time) of £15000, FOB Wichita, KS.
The plane, as delivered, has a 5 gallon gas tank. In addition to being a legal SSDR, this makes it legal as a US FAR Part 103 Ultralight Aircraft as well, which aids our flight test procedures. The tank capacity may be increased to a larger size, after delivery to England, at the option of the buyer, as long as weight limitations are observed.
The plane is light as a feather and very maneuverable. It is a joy to fly.
You could have received first word of this announcement, by doing these two things:
Sign up for Belite Aircraft’s announcements here.
Sign up for James Wiebe’s twitters here.