I arrived at the airport at around 11am this morning. I asked Gene to give me a hand with the installation of a new fiberglass cowl on our redesigned Belite Trike. Gene disappeared from the hangar and reappeared a couple of minutes later with a tray of nuts and bolts, along with some tools. We got to work.
This was the first time we’d put a cowling on the Trike; I was eager to see the results. I was curious as to the aerodynamic improvement (if any) along with the aesthetic improvement.
It took us about 90 minutes, but we had the cowl fitted and looking very sharp. We had to make some minor cutouts on the cowl for the carb and for electric starter motor. A couple of support rods still need to be welded into place, and Gene and Ken, our expert welder, would get that done while I ran some other errands.
Returning later in the afternoon, the Trike was sitting, ready, begging to fly. But first, it had to sit still for photos.